Sunday, December 15, 2013

Twenty-Seven Weeks!


WOAH! It's been a long time between posts!!! But, I guess not too much has happened since the gender reveal other than baby growing! I have finally "popped!" Well, I guess a little pop. At six and a half months, I have a little bump which is great (since I know that some women can be uncomfortable larger), and I finally get to wear my maternity clothes. I've still been able to work out daily with my little bump (to the cutest little preggo workout system on DVD....hahaha) and I have been slowly watching the scale go up, which let's admit it--is the hardest thing to do. But, the little weight that I've gained makes me more determined to boot camp it after baby, eat healthy and not pig out (okay---cut back on pigging out) when I have cravings....which, so far have only been for caffeine free Diet Coke. 

Speaking of caffeine free Diet Coke, I used to be good. For five months prior to be being preggo, I was soda free---never looking back. Now, I have to have one a day. Please don't judge--it's my one vice and craving this whole pregnancy. (Note: as I write about Diet Coke Baby Twig is moving--maybe she's a fan).

Another, thing that's been going on daily....consistent lower back pain. I try everything....stretching, working out, heat, ice, shower, better posture. No such luck in relief! It's so aggravating. I'm not too far along and already my back hurts, so I worry that 1. I'll want to die the last month of pregnancy and 2. I'll have the back labor from hell....le sigh. I guess with Baby Twig being tucked so deep in my tummy, and my ligaments and joints loosening up, this is the new norm, but it's no fun when I am lecturing students and I get a sudden shooting pain that incapacitates me. I'm now that woman waddling around Target rubbing her lower back, which is sad because women further along than me are not waddling. I think I am a wimp. I think this whole delivery is going to be a nightmare. I think I've created an amazing birth plan
1. God is in control
2. Drugs
3. Drugs
4. Drugs
5. Drugs....I don't want to remember anything!

So, here's a fun story (my teacher friends can relate).  Last blog post I had mentioned that a baby name was coming soon...well that was seven weeks ago, and still we have no name. My original plan was to create a list of names that I like, give the list to Scott and he could pick 3 that he liked too. From there we would narrow it down. So, of course Scott picks the one name I used to love (until two students ruined it for me), and we can't agree on my top pick! However, were getting traction. I told a friend my two name choices, she loved mine (said it was sooo me!!), and she brought up the most winning key point to Scott, and now Scott is like, "eh...I kinda like my wife's pick! Thank goodness for girlfriend's who are experienced wives, moms and negotiators. Rachel, you're my BFF for life!!!

And finally, Baby Twig's nursery is coming along. I will share pictures, I promise (when it's all done), but her bedding came two weeks ago and with the crib set up it looks fantastic!! I have only the wall decor, pom pom and drapes to set up and I think her little corner nursery will be complete. I can't wait to post about sharing a nursery/office space, and how to make it work. Baby's nursery theme is turn-of-the-century modern, and I am loving how it is coming together. Also, my dear friend sold me some beautiful baby goodies like a deluxe pack n play, a bouncer, an awesome bath, and hundreds of cute baby outfits, onesies, shoes, bows and accessories from 0-18 months!! I am so blessed--her little closet is full of the cutest things EVER!!

So, without further ado here are my preggo updates about little Twigette!

No comments:

Post a Comment